Saturday, April 10, 2010

Oh Alice Flower Challenge

Because I love flowers so much, I thought that the current flower challenge over at Oh Alice would be right up my alley! Although an idea came quickly, the execution took far too long! I do think I'll try making a few different versions of this card using some different papers. I like the idea but I found that I didn't like the sentiment on the front with the geometric pattern of this paper. Perhaps a sentiment will look better when using different paper. This is also the first time that I have used the sugar beads that I picked up at the amazing She Runs With Scissors store during my summer trip to BC. I had fun with them and can't wait to try more ideas with them in some future projects!
Flower stamp: Carol's Flower by Stampotique
Paper: Heidi Swapp, K&Co.

"The flowers of late winter and early spring occupy places in our hearts well out of proportion to their size."
Gertrude S. Wister

6 comments:

  1. Oh, I love Carol's flower!!! Gorgeous card and thanks so much for coming out and supporting Oh, Alice! and Stampotique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Val, this is just beautiful! I love the softness of it, the flowers are gorgeous and I really like the sugar beads. They add a special touch to the card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card, Valerie!

    Thank you for joining us at Oh, Alice! this week :)
    hugs, margie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful; simply stated.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful! Love the colors together and the repeating circle elements. I also really love the quote you left for us - it's so true! Thanks for joining us at Oh Alice! this week!
    ~ky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining us at Oh, Alice this week. Please come play with us again next week. We love having you.

    The Dormouse

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment! Your kind words are so inspiring...

LinkWithin

Print Friendly